In 2007 the Group extended its presence beyond national borders for the first time.
In Poland, in the small town of Ostrowiek, the first haemodynamic centre of the company GVM Carint was started, which was later enriched by another two facilities, in Sanok the following year and in Oswiecim in 2009, all three accredited with the Polish National Health System.
At the same time, the Group continued to expand in Italy also: in 2007 it entered Lombardy, thanks to the acquisition of the historical G.B. Mangioni Hospital in Lecco
(obstetrical-gynaecological hospital established in 1951) and to the start up of Emo GVM – Centro Cuore Columbus in Milan.
Still in 2007 Medicol, the company that manages Villa Lucia Hospital
, joined GVM Care & Research. Villa Lucia is considered to be one of the first Pugliese eco-hospitals; besides having been built according to the most innovative energetic and environmental respect parameters, it has a solar panel system that covers 50% of the energy requirements for hot water production.
2008 was the year of enhancement of the presence in Puglia, with the acquisition of D’Amore Hospital in Taranto
, and it was the year of expansion in Tuscany, with Santa Rita Hospital in Montecatini
Terme (established in the Sixties) and in Florence with Pergolino Hospital and Maria Teresa Hospital
GVM expanded its activity to France, where it acquired the Hôpital Europeen de Paris La Roseraie in 2009, a large multi-specialty health facility. The Hôpital is a reference pole in particular for cardiology and oncology and one of the first French private hospital centres, with a total of 420 beds and 18 thousand hospitalisations per year.